by Aglaee Jacob, MS, RD
“An evidence-based, holistic, cutomized nutritional approach. Learn about FODMAPs, SIBO, non-responsive celiac disease, food sensitivities and more.”
This book is thorough — almost to its detriment. I appreciate that she has a careful, thoughtful approach, not being quick to slap a one-size-fits-all solution on all digestive issues. But it can be a little overwhelming, because similar symptoms may have very different causes requiring very different treatments.
If you know for certain what your food-related issue is and just need specific advice, this is a great resource. Or if you don’t, but you’re ready to wade through lots of information and are motivated to do some testing on your own, this could be helpful for you, too.
In this book, the author explains:
– The basics of digestion; what fats, proteins, and carbs are and what they do; gut flora and why it’s so important; intestinal permeability and leaky gut
– GI infections, IBS, food sensitivities, gluten, FODMAPs, SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth), Celiac disease, GERD, constipation, and more
– The Specific Carbohydrate Diet, the GAPS diet, ancestral diets, developing your own customized diet
– Potential irritants (don’t worry; she’s not saying everyone should eliminate all of these!): gluten, fructans, fiber, dairy, legumes, nuts, seeds, refined oils, nightshades, yeasts, molds, alcohol, caffeine, processed foods
– Nourishing foods and other healing solutions
Other books in this category
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting my work!